Gembrook Primary School Philosophy
Gembrook Primary School’s vision is to provide every student with every opportunity to be the best they can be.
“A View to the Future” is the motto of our school that is defined through our school mission statement: Gembrook Primary School is a vibrant and aspirational education community, providing a safe and supportive learning environment that enables a personalised, engaging and challenging learning program. Our objective is for students to achieve the academic, social, emotional and physical growth to thrive in a global society.
Gembrook Primary School’s community vision is underpinned by the values of RESPECT & HIGH EXPECTATIONS, and supported through the skills of persistence; confidence, resilience and getting along.
The school values of Respect and High Expectations encompass the Australian Government’s nine values, for Australian schools, which are:
- Care and Compassion
Care for self and others
Act in accordance with principles of moral and ethical conduct, ensure consistency between words and deeds
- Doing Your Best
Seek to accomplish something worthy and admirable, try hard, pursue excellence
- Respect Treat others with consideration and regard, respect another person’s point of view
- Fair Go
Pursue and protect the common good where all people are treated fairly for a just society
Be accountable for one’s own actions, resolve differences in constructive, non-violent and peaceful ways, contribute to society and to civic life, take care of the environment
Enjoy all the rights and privileges of Australian citizenship free from unnecessary interference or control, and stand up for the rights of others
- Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion
Be aware of others and their cultures, accept diversity within a democratic society, being included and including others
- Honesty and Trustworthiness
Be honest, sincere and seek the truth·
The school curriculum and programs will support and promote the Principles and practices of Australian democracy including a commitment to:
- An elected government·
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law·
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association.
- The values of openness and tolerance
Statements which affirm the school’s principles are found in the vision of the school and in documents such as the school handbook, and can also be found on the school website (www.gembrookps.vic.edu.au)·
The objectives of the school are to provide each student with a range of learning experiences delivered with high expectations, which facilitate:
- Achievement of academic, social, emotional and physical potential;·
- A stimulating learning environment where students are highly engaged and motivated;
- Inclusive, innovative and challenging curriculum;·
- Curriculum design which caters for individual learning needs
- Engaging personalised learning experiences;·
- Student goal setting
- Explicit teaching of literacy and numeracy skills
- Inquiry based learning
- Parents are encouraged to participate in the student’s learning, through assistance in curriculum programs both at school and home.
Enactment of school philosophy:
Read more about how our philosophy is enacted in this document below: